- Melt the pat of butter in a pot which will hold all of the shown ingredients ... roughly a 3 quart pot.
- Dice the onion and garlic and cook them in the butter until soft,
- Add the mushrooms - either a drained 4 oz. can, or a small package with the bottom of the stems cut off, peeled, washed, and sliced - to the onions and garlic,.
- Add the ground beef to the mixture, and cook throughly,
- If you used lean ground beef, then just continue with the recipe. If, however, the ground beef you used was too fatty, I suggest spooning out a major amount of the grease. Some grease should be left behind to keep the flavor (remember you've already have garlic, onions, and mushrooms cooked in these juices), but the meat should not be swimming in grease.
- Skin the Hot Italian Sausage, and slice thinly. If the sausage is thawed to the point you can't slice them, then just mush or break them up into small peices, Add the sliced Hot Italian Sausage to the mixture,
- Cook this mixture until the sausage is broken up into tiny pieces and cooked through,
- Pour in the cans of Tomato Sauce, and the can of Tomato Paste,
- Once the sauce and paste have been mixed, add the Italian Seasoning, pepper, adjusting to taste, and let simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve over pasta of your choice, with garlic bread.
- Add paprika and/or nutmeg to the ground beef while it is being cooked. This is something you will have to experience since I cannot explain the flavor benefits that these add ... but they do.
- Add diced green pepper when you add the Tomato sauce and paste,
- Adding a can of Cream of Mushroom when adding the Tomato sauce and paste smooths the flavor as well as stretches the amount of sauce you make. Do not add water as per instruction on the can of cream of mushroom!
Not active yet ..